Streaming services have given a whole new definition to the world of entertainment. While there are many popular services available for you to enjoy unlimited TV shows and movies – Hulu stands as one of the top streaming services offering an extensive library of live TV shows, series, and movies to its customers. One of the most promising features of Hulu is that it offers subscriptions at a relatively low price compared to the other streaming platforms. While Hulu has a lot to offer, we understand it might not be for everyone. If you wish to cancel Hulu and want to understand the process – we are here to help you!
Many apps and streaming services make it harder to cancel their subscriptions and it can be confusing at times. To help you guide through the cancel Hulu process and to clear out any doubts you may have regarding How to cancel Hulu – this guide will give you a detailed explanation and stepwise process of how you can do so. Even though the process is relatively simple and similar for all the devices, we will also explain to you how to cancel Hulu from the Hulu app, mobile phone, desktop, or if you are using the Hulu app by paying a third party.
Why would you want to Cancel Hulu?
Hulu stands as one of the top streaming services in the USA. However, many users feel the need to Cancel Hulu subscriptions due to a variety of reasons. The need to cancel Hulu accounts can be because of some underlying issues the users are facing with the app or simply because they no longer feel the need to use the subscription. Some of the most common reasons behind Hulu cancel membership are –
- The ad-supported version of the Hulu app costs less and still provides you access to stream live TV shows and movies the day after they are aired. Hence, many users do not feel the need to pay extra and receive similar services which they can enjoy even without purchasing the subscription.
- You cannot share your Hulu subscription plan with other family members as it only allows a single user to access the app at any given time.
- If you wish to include any technology feature add-ons in your Hulu subscription, you will have to pay extra.
- It lacks many widely watched channels even after adding some new ones which can be found on other streaming platforms at a relatively lower price.
Having said that, Hulu is still a better option for someone who wants to combine online streaming options with their Cable TV network. Since most streaming services such as Netflix offer an only-streaming option to their users, Hulu stands as an exception that combines Hulu originals as well as other Live TV programs for the watchers.
Have you considered pausing your Hulu subscription?
If you just need a break for some time, you can always consider pausing your membership rather than going ahead with the Cancel Hulu process altogether. Pausing is the best option if you need some time off and do not wish to watch anything on the app for a time being. Maybe you are going through a financial crisis that might improve – you can always pause your subscription for which you won’t have to pay. Here’s how you can do so –
Pausing Hulu through your web browser –
If you are using a web browser to access the Hulu app, you can follow these steps to pause your subscription –
- Open the official Hulu homepage on your web browser.
- Log in to your Hulu account by entering the username and password.
- Once you have gained access to your Hulu account, move to the Account section.
- Go to the ‘Your Subscription’ option and tap on it.
- Here, you will see an option that says ‘Pause your subscription’. Right next to this option, click on the ‘Pause’ button.
- You can set the duration of your pause in this section as well. The maximum duration allowed is up to 12 weeks.
- Finally, click on the ‘Submit’ button.
Pausing Hulu through the Android Hulu app –
If you are using the Hulu app on your Android device, you can pause your subscription as follows –
- Launch the Hulu app on your device.
- In the navigation bar present towards the bottom, tap on the ‘Profile’ section.
- Next, move to the Account section of your profile.
- You will be prompted to re-enter your password.
- Now, click on the Pause button next to the ‘Pause your subscription’ option.
- Select the time of your pause and click on the ‘Pause Subscription’ option to complete the process.
How to cancel Hulu subscription?
If you are facing issues with your Hulu subscription and are wondering how do I cancel Hulu? You have come to the right place! Below is a detailed explanation of how you can Cancel Hulu as per the device you are using.
How to cancel Hulu using the Hulu app on an Android?
If you wish to cancel Hulu using the official Hulu app, you just have to follow these simple steps and you’ll be done!
- Open the Hulu app on your device.
- In the bottom corner of the navigation bar, click on the Profile option.
- Move to the Account section.
- You will be asked to enter your Hulu password for security purposes.
- If you scroll down this section, you will come across an option that says ‘Cancel your subscription’. Click on this option.
- Tap on the cancel button right next to this option.
- Click on the ‘Continue to cancel’ option after this.
- A brief questionnaire will be provided to you. Answer all the questions asked and finally click on the Continue to cancel option.
How to cancel Hulu using an iOS device?
If you have been using Hulu on an iPhone or iPad, you won’t be able to cancel Hulu through the app directly. To cancel Hulu subscription via an iOS device, follow the steps given below –
- Move to the settings menu on your iOS device.
- Select the banner at the top that says ‘Apple ID’.
- From here, select the ‘Subscriptions’ option.
- Click on the ‘Hulu’ app present under the list of ‘Active subscriptions’.
- Now, click on the ‘Cancel subscription’ option.
How to cancel Hulu through a desktop?
Another method for you to cancel Hulu subscription is by PC or laptop. Follow the set of instructions given below –
- Launch your web browser and open the official Hulu website.
- Enter your login credentials including your user name and password for Hulu sign-in.
- Once you have entered your account, move to the top-right corner of your screen where you can see your account name.
- Click on the Account section.
- Once you open this section, scroll towards the middle column where you can see the Cancel your subscription option.
- Tap the Continue to cancel button after answering a set of questions from the given questionnaire.
How to cancel Hulu if you are using a third party to pay the subscription?
If you wish to cancel Hulu subscription but are provided the service by a third party, you can cancel Hulu free trial easily by understanding the stepwise procedure specific to the third party. If it is a cable company providing you a Hulu subscription, you can simply contact them and ask them to cancel the Hulu subscription for your package. If you are using some other apps in which Hulu is included and you are wondering How to cancel Hulu subscription from this app? You just have to move to the account section of your profile, navigate to the subscriptions section and tap the ‘Cancel subscription’ option.
How to cancel a Hulu account?
If you wish to permanently delete your account and are wondering how do I cancel my Hulu account? You just have to follow these simple steps –
- Go to Hulu.com webpage from your web browser.
- Go to the Account section.
- In the update information section, select the ‘Delete my Account’ option.
- You will be asked to enter your password again and click on the ‘yes, delete my account’ option.
This is how you cancel a Hulu account easily. If you face any issues while doing the cancellation you can always contact Hulu customer support.