Planning to binge-watch this weekend? Netflix has been the ultimate haven for all the movie/TV show fans for nearly 2 decades now. Its excellent streaming services have made it the topmost entertainment service provider in the world. But don’t you hate it when your entertainment dose gets interrupted due to unwanted errors? The Netflix code NW-2-5 is one such type of error that has bothered a lot of users.
When the Netflix NW error appears repetitively, and you don’t know what to do, it eventually leads to frustration. We are here to tell you that you can easily help resolve this error in just a few minutes.
What is the Netflix error code NW-2-5 and what does it mean?
Ever since Lucifer season 5 part 2 release date on Netflix has been released, fans have been waiting to binge-watch it one go! While many Netflix users watched Tom Ellis a.k.a Lucifer on their screens, some of them had to see the following message appear on their screens –
Netflix has met with an error. Retrying in – seconds.
Code = NW-2-5
This is an error code which simply means that there is a network connectivity issue, which is interrupting your streaming experience. The Netflix code NW-2-5 suggests that your streaming device is unable to connect to the Netflix servers at the moment. This may be due to an ISP outage, issues with the DNS servers, or disconnected WiFi resulting in a Netflix error NW-2-5 being reflected on your screens.
It is a very common type of Netflix error but might take some time to fix it. The Netflix error NW-2-5 may occur on any of your streaming devices that have the Netflix app installed in it, including smart TVs, Roku, Blue-Ray players, PS4, or other gaming consoles.
The good news is that it is not so difficult to fix the Netflix error code NW-2-5 once you know the right steps to do so. Even though there are some standard guidelines as to what you can do to fix the error, the steps differ from device to device.
How can you fix the Netflix code NW-2-5 error on your device?
If you’re one of the die-heart fans of the Lucifer series and have been waiting eagerly to stream it ever since the Lucifer season 5 part 2 release date on Netflix, you need to make sure that your device has a stable internet connection and can reach the Netflix services. Given below are some of the methods in which you can fix the Netflix code NW-2-5 error, which is common for all streaming devices. You should follow these steps to get rid of Netflix error code NW-2-5, and enjoy uninterrupted streaming of your favorite TV shows and movies –
Check your internet connection –
It is most likely that the Netflix error code NW-2-5 is occurring because of a poor or disconnected internet connection. This means that your problem is confined to your home itself and you can easily fix it as well. Try this to check the internet availability and connectivity –
- Check that your internet connectivity is working properly or not.
- You need to first ensure that there is no breakage or interference between your network router and wired Ethernet cable.
- Next, you should make sure that your device is closer to the router to make a stable connection.
- Verify the connection between the Internet Service Provider (ISP) and your local network. You can check this on any other device by connecting it to your local network.
- Restart the modem and re-connect all the wires properly.
If none of the above works, you can contact your ISP who can help you with the repair.
Restart your streaming device –
This is one of the easiest and most effective methods of fixing the Netflix error code NW-2-5 without doing much. Even though it is sort of a cliche, restarting your device will reset the connection between your Netflix application and its servers. Ensure that you fully switch off the device and turn the power off.
Switching to a public DNS server sounds like a good idea –
DNS servers are provided to ensure that the user can load web-based services and other websites. Although, the DNS servers provided by the local ISPs are not that reliable. Hence, you can switch to a public DNS server and bypass your local ISP’s DNS server if the Netflix error code NW-2-5 persists. For this, you can use the DNS settings option in the settings menu in Windows, or System Preferences in the case of a Mac.
Maybe you have restrictions on internet usage – turn off the parental controls –
Sometimes there exists a block set up on the WiFi network that you use at your home. In this case, you may sooner or later receive the Netflix error code NW-2-5 while streaming. Therefore, make sure to check your WiFi settings and turn off the parental code to fix this issue.
In case you are looking for device-specific instructions to help resolve the Netflix error NW-2-5 check out the options given below –
Resolving Netflix error NW-2-5 on Smart TVs –
- If you are using an LG or Samsung Smart TV for streaming and receiving the Netflix NW-2-5 error, follow the given steps –
- Start by verifying if the Netflix streaming service is blocked in your region by the network administrator.
- If you can stream the application by using a cellular network, your network might be unreliable. You can use a cable network or DSL for this.
- Check the internet speed on your streaming device. To ensure faster speed make sure your device is set up closer to the router.
- Power off and restart your Smart TV.
- Restart your router and re-connect all the wires.
- You can also try to connect your device directly to the modem by disconnecting the router, in case of a wireless router connection.
- After this, the Netflix error code NW-2-5 should be fixed.
Fixing the NW 2 5 Netflix code error on playstation –
It is quite common for Netflix code NW 2 5 errors to persist on ps3 or ps4. To resolve the error, follow the given steps carefully –
- Start by unplugging the device from the socket and do not switch it on for a while.
- You can also press and hold the play station’s power button to discharge it for 30 seconds.
- If this does not fix the Netflix error NW 2 5, try checking the DNS settings of your internet connection. (Main menu > Settings > Network Settings > Internet Connection Settings).
- In case you are using a wired connection, select ‘Automatic’ for the IP address settings and select ‘Auto-Detect’ for ‘Operation ode’.
- Similarly, for DNS settings, select ‘Automatic’ and set the DHCP Host Name as ‘Do not Set’.
- Finally, change the MTU to Automatic and Proxy Server as ‘Do Not Use’. Enable the UPnP and click on the ‘Test the Connection’ option.
Resolving the Netflix NW 2 5 error on Xbox –
If the Netflix error NW-2-5 interrupts your streaming experience while using Xbox, you can resolve it by following these steps –
- To confirm the DNS settings on Xbox, on the controller press the ‘Guide’ button first.
- Move to the settings menu.
- Select the option of ‘System settings’ and go to the ‘Network settings’. Select your network.
- Then, move to ‘Configure Network’ and click on ‘DNS settings’.
- Change the settings to ‘Automatic’ here.
- Finally, you may restart your device.
If the error still cannot be resolved, you can seek help from your ISP or the Netflix Help Center.
Leave a Reply