In this digitally growing world, this goes without saying that the internet is of prime importance. There are plenty of companies in the field trying to satisfy our internet requirements. And one such company Charter Spectrum running over Us, it stands 2nd in the race of largest residential cable provider. It enjoys a great customer base of tech savvy Americans in almost 40 states of America. So, you can satisfy your internet diet by using the internet from Charter Spectrum™, and that too without breaking the bank. Here goes some breath-taking features which makes it unique from others:
Here’s what Spectrum internet has in store for you:
- No caps on data usage.
- Fast and reliable internet service.
- No contracts binding on you.
- With every internet plan, you will get a free internet security package to keep your system protected from all kinds of malware, viruses and hackers.
- Full access to 600,000 Wi-Fi hotspots of Spectrum running in the U.S, for free.
- Free equipments with no additional charges.
- 24/7 Customer care Support.
Similar Post: How To Setup Linksys WiFi Extender
Why is my spectrum router blinking red?
Though Spectrum offers astonishing services, with tech equipment there can always be some troubles associated. So, in this section you will get to know about the trouble indications. Flashing, solid, blinking light – each and every term has a different meaning associated to it. Let’s take a look at different interpretations of spectrum router status lights:
Red light twinkling: If you see a spectrum router blinking red then that indicates your spectrum wifi router can’t set up the internet connectivity.
Solid Red light: if you see the Spectrum router red light is solid red then it indicates that the spectrum router is facing some kind of major issue, hence it is not able to function properly.
Red and blue lights blinking together: if you see the Spectrum router red and blue lights blinking simultaneously, then it indicates that the spectrum router firmware is getting upgraded according to the recent version. You have no option other than waiting patiently. Don’t interfere with this process as it can cause serious damage to your wifi router.
Blue light: If you see the Spectrum modem blue light twinkling then it indicates that router is attempting to boot and associate to the Internet. If the same blue light is stable, then it means the spectrum router is working well.
Ways to stop spectrum router blinking red
In the tech world that we are living in right now, a day without the internet seems just impossible. And in this suddenly if your wifi router stops working, then it can really cost your work, education and what not. So, in this section, you are going to see some great techniques to change the red light on the spectrum router to blue light.
Way 1: Spectrum service outage
This should be our first method as this is the simplest and easiest of all. If network outage is the issue that is bothering your router, then just get on and start with these steps:
- Go to https://www.spectrum.net/support/tv/troubleshooting-your-spectrum-services-after-outage/.
- Click the Check Outages blue button displaying on the webpage.
- Input the ZIP code or login to the Spectrum Account.
If there is a service outage detected, then please wait while it gets resolved. Very soon the spectrum router blinking red will stop.
Way 2: Reboot your modem (Gateway Device)
You might see spectrum modem red light, now this calls for a reboot only for modem. Below given is the procedure that you have to follow:
- Release the power cord to disconnect the gateway or modem and take out the batteries.
- Leave the device for 60 seconds to cool off, then put the batteries in and also plug the power cable back into the device.
- Now, pause for at least a couple of minutes so your modem can power up. The Spectrum modem red light blinking should stop when it turns back on. Lights would gradually restore to indicate that it’s working and connected to the internet.
- Now, check your internet connection to see if it’s working.
If the issue was with the modem, then definitely spectrum modem red light will disappear and it will once again start functioning normally.
Way 2: Rebegin your network
It is generally observed that starting your network again afresh can fix the problem. So, for this you need to reboot both your Spectrum router and modem. Follow the steps:
- Dissociate the cable of the spectrum modem from the power source and also remove the batteries.
- Next, unplug the power cable attached to the Spectrum’s Router.
- Allow both the equipment to cool down. This would take at least 120 seconds or it can be more than this.
- Once both devices are cooled down, insert the batteries and attach the modem power cord back to the power supply. It will take a minimum of 2 minutes to initiate the reboot process.
- After a few minutes, reconnect the router to the power outlet and wait for 120 seconds till it gets stabilized.
If you see the spectrum router blinking red stops and the display light turns blue then that means the issue has been fixed.
Way 3: Check all physical connections
Ensure that the Ethernet cable is firmly plugged into the ethernet port available on modem and another one into the WAN/internet port located on your spectrum router. Also check the cable of both modem and router connected to the power socket.
Way 4: Spectrum Customer Support
Through the above methods if you are still not able to solve the spectrum router red light problem, then you can surely contact the Spectrum Customer desk by either of the two ways given:
Just copy paste this link in the URL Bar – https://www.spectrum.net/contact-us/ of the web browser and hit enter.
Or you can even contact the ISP by calling this number –1-815-940-5701 to seek help from the support person for all your technical and troubleshooting queries.
Frequently asked questions About spectrum router blinking red light
Some of the frequently asked question by the users are:
The entire article has been dedicated to various strategies that can be followed to reset the Spectrum router. So, try out all the given methods, certainly you will find your answer.
There is no one specific answer on how often you should reboot your spectrum Wi-Fi router. It’s totally according to your convenience. but one thing is for sure that you will definitely be in benefit if you reboot your spectrum wifi router after every fixed duration of months. It helps to resolve issues such as slow internet connectivity. If you do this on a consistent level, then you would see red light on the spectrum router very less.
There can be numerous reasons hidden behind this. Let’s take a look at the following points:
1: Any damage in the physical connection
2: Incorrect router settings
3: Internet outage in your locality
4: Loose wire connections
5: Any physical or hardware damage to the router or modem
This tech article is written with the aim of clarifying all your doubts revolving around spectrum wifi router red light. Surely, one method will be the desired solution that you are looking for.