Every movie and series buff knows about this amazing platform, none other than NETFLIX. This platform is no less than a treasure box for great movies and series. This application is extremely user friendly; it can be well operated on a range of devices including all computer, laptop, i-os and android platforms and what not.
With the great movie streaming experience that it provides to its worldwide users, there comes little issues as well. The Netflix Error codes ‘M7121-1331-P7’ and ‘M7111-1331-4027’ have been legally registered by the Netflix which pops up when one of the following requirements is not reached:
- Chrome extensions hampers the process of streaming on Netflix.
- Netflix employs the most advanced version of HTML that is HTML 5 and if that is not enabled, it is definitely going to create trouble.
- Non updated browsers can be one prominent reason which is countering the playback of Netflix videos.
- The Netflix server sometimes gets down.
- Chrome configurations such as history, cache or cookies can be a barrier while using Netflix.
- Outdated Content Protection module of chrome might be the reason behind error codes.
Possible fixes to the Netflix Error Code M7121-1331 P7 and M7121-1331
If you want a one stop solution to your Netflix error codes, then start digging in this article. Find your best remedy from the below given list:
1. Disable Chrome extensions
Sometimes many extensions installed in the google chrome can be a cause of this trouble.to fix this issue by disabling them, follow the steps
- Launch the Google Chrome web browser
- Write chrome://extensions in the URL address bar of chrome.
- Use the scrollbar to see the list of extensions.
- The enabled extensions will be showing an option of blue toggle.
- Toggle each and every extension that is presently activated.
2. Web browser favoring Netflix and HTML 5
There have been reported instances where customers face Netflix error code M7121-1331 problem due to the lack of details about the web browser. Hence to make your problem easy and simple, here goes a list of all the compatible browsers having the most advanced version of HTML:
- 64-bit version of Google Chrome on Chrome OS, or Mac OS X 10.10 and upgraded version, Windows 7 and the above versions, or Linux.
- Microsoft Edge on Windows 10.
- Windows 8.1 or later having internet Explorer 11.
- Mozilla Firefox 59.0.3 or higher on Mac OS X 10.10 and above, or Windows 7 and upgraded version.
- Mac OS X 10.10 and higher version having Safari web browser.
- Opera 47.0.2631.80 or higher on Mac OS X 10.10 and above, or Windows 7 and all the upgraded versions.
3. Uninstall and Reinstall Google Chrome
In certain cases, due to the lack of a non-updated version of google chrome you might encounter the Netflix M7121-1331-P7 error code while exploring the Netflix platform. It can be solved only by uninstalling and then redownloading the google chrome.
Steps for uninstalling the web browser:
- Close all the chrome related tabs or windows on the computer/laptop.
- Press the Start menu and choose settings from the list.
- Now go to Apps.
- Select Google Chrome from the “Apps & Feature” section.
- Tap on ‘Also delete your browsing data’ to clear all the profile and history data.
- Then pick the uninstall button to uninstall google chrome.
Steps for reinstalling the web browser:
- Download the Google chrome installation file.
- Select run when the windows dialogue box will appear.
- Click twice on the download to initiate downloading
- After the download process gets finished, try operating on Netflix, most probably it will start streaming smoothly.
4. Clearing Chrome configurations
This Netflix M7121-1331-P7 error code can pop up anytime if your web browser has got high browsing data (cookies, history, cached data). And sometimes there is corrupt file data which gets stored in Widevine Content Decryption Modules. Hence its of prime importance to keep your system efficient by clearing all the cache, cookies, browsing data so as to rectify the problem.
Deleting Cache on Firefox
- Navigate to the “library” button.
- Select History.
- Now choose the option of the “Clear Recent History”.
- Go to “Time Range to Clear” to delete all the data.
- then tick all the boxes against “Form & Search History”, “Browsing & Download History”, “Active Logins”, “Cache” and “cookies”.
- Tap on the “Clear Now” tab.now all the selected elements will be completely deleted from Firefox’s history.
- Launch “Mozilla Firefox” and start streaming on Netflix without any error issue.
Clearing Cache on Chrome
- Go to the address bar of google chrome.
- Write chrome://settings in it and enter.
- At the bottom of the screen page, you will find the “Advanced” option.
- Choose the “Clear Browsing Data” option from the Advanced menu list.
- then tick in all the boxes against “Browsing History”, “Auto-fill Information” and “cookies”.
- Pick the time range as “All time”.
- Now, finally choose the “Clear Data” option to delete all the browsing data since the time of using Chrome.
- Launch “google chrome” and start streaming on Netflix without any error issue.
Removing cache on Mac safari
- Launch the Mac Safari
- Select the option of “clear history”.
- Now choose the desired “Time Range”.
- Tap on “Clear History”
- Exit from the browser completely by closing it.
- Now again open “Mac Safari” and start streaming on Netflix without any error issue.
Clearing cache on Edge
- Visit the Edge web browser.
- Navigate to the star shaped Hub icon located at the top right corner.
- Then select the history icon and Choose Clear all history.
- Pick Browsing history, cookies, saved website data and then cached data and files. Now click on “Clear”.
- A message will pop up saying “All Clear”!
- Lastly exit the browser window and reopen it, you will find the error code gone.
5. Server issue of Netflix
Sometimes, the users unknowingly keep on trying to figure out the possible solutions for their Netflix M7121-1331-P7 error code, when it’s the Netflix server which is down. Yes, the server from the Netflix end can also be down due to some technical issue or other reason. Simply just wait for a while. Netflix after resolving the server issue from their end will again welcome you to surf the videos.
6. Upgrade your web browser
One of the essential rules to keep streaming Netflix on your computer is to make sure that you are using the most advanced version of your web browser. The Netflix M7121-1331 error code will automatically disappear once the update is done. Follow these simple steps to get started:
Steps to upgrade Opera
- Visit the “Opera” web browser.
- Now navigate to “O Menu” on the left.
- Select “Update and Recovery” option.
- The process of upgrading will start. Wait for a while
- Then tap “Relaunch Now” after installation of the updates.
Steps to upgrade Mozilla Firefox
- Go to “Mozilla Firefox” and select the “Open Menu” button.
- Tap “help” and check the sub menu.
- Now, press “About Firefox” to view the updates.
- Check for the updates in the “About Firefox” window and then download them.
- After the updation process ends, restart the browser.
Steps to upgrade Google chrome
- Open the “Google Chrome” web browser.
- Tap the three dots which are present at the extreme top right side or click the “Customize Google Chrome” option.
- Now at the end of the menu, opt for the “Help” option.
- From the submenu that opens up, you have to choose “About Google Chrome” to view the updates.
- The updates will start processing and will end in a matter of time. After this, hit the “Relaunch” button.
7. Update Widevine Content Decryption Module
Widevine is Google Chrome’s key component for secure license distribution and encryption.it basically helps in safeguarding playback of video on the browser of the user’s device. Netflix employs the Widevine module for playback. You might receive the Netflix M7121-1331 error code if your browser is lacking this Widevine module or is not updated.
- Visit Google Chrome
- Type chrome://components/ in the address bar.
- Move your cursor to the bottom part of the page and the “Widevine Content Decryption Module” entry will be visible.
- Now, tap on the “Check for update” tab present underneath.
- Once the update is done, you will see “Up-to-date” below plugin
- Now restart your PC and you will see the error message gone.
Frequently asked questions
These are few of the questions posted by the Netflix users regarding the Netflix error M7121-1331.Answers are provided underneath the questions.
Generally, the Netflix error M7121-1331-P7 pops up because your browser is having a heavy amount of browsing data which includes saved items, cookies, caches, corrupt files and a long history of searches and watches. Also, when the chrome is not of updated version or the Netflix server is crashed/down, you can get this error code
By updating the Widevine Content Decryption Module, removing and reinstalling Google Chrome or deactivating all the added extensions which are causing trouble in streaming of Netflix.
Hoping that this article will serve all the possible queries related to the Netflix Error codes ‘M7121-1331-P7’ and ‘M7111-1331-4027’. One of the above-mentioned methods will definitely be the key to open your Netflix error code lock.