Software development has been making things easier for people with the help of advanced technology. QuickBooks is one such renowned accounting software that has been used frequently by numerous people across the globe in the past few years. It has helped many small and large businesses in managing their accounts by providing a user-friendly interface to the users. QuickBooks simplifies the accounting functions of the users which makes them work quicker. However, the software is prone to errors during up-gradation, installation, or re-installation. QuickBooks error 3371 is one such frequently occurring error that users often face.
Facing such errors regularly can be quite frustrating which is why this guide will help you with solutions on how to fix QuickBooks error 3371 as well as explain what the QuickBooks error 3371 status code 11118 mean and how does it occur.
What is the QuickBooks error 3371?
Most of the users complain about encountering the QuickBooks error 3371 status code 11118 frequently while using QuickBooks. The QuickBooks error 3371 statuscode 1 occurs when QuickBooks cannot load the license data during desktop installation. It happens when the QuickBooks system file gets damaged that usually carries all the license data of the application.
Whenever the QuickBooks error 3371 occurs, the user might see an error message that says ‘Could not initialize license properties’. QuickBooks error 3371 has different types of errors that come under it, including the QuickBooks error 3371 status code 11118 and QuickBooks error 3371 statuscode 1.
The file damage to the system files of QuickBooks might be due to an improper shut down of the laptop/ PC which makes it difficult for the software to load its license data from the corrupted file.
What are the causes for QuickBooks error 3371 to occur?
As explained above, the QuickBooks error 3371 status code 11118 and QuickBooks error 3371 statuscode 1 occur due to a corrupted system file which makes it harder for the software to load the license information during installation. Although, there are certain specific reasons behind the QuickBooks error 3371 messages which are –
- Every time you start the program fresh, QuickBooks attempts to read the disrupted system files which is why it is unable to load the license data.
- Unable to execute the Microsoft MSXML file.
- Anti-virus protection software might block the QuickBooks desktop from working, resulting in a QuickBooks error 3371 statuscode 1.
- Desktop performance problems associated with QuickBooks.
- You might lose the connection to the data file of QuickBooks.
There can be other reasons as well that contribute to the occurrence of QuickBooks error 3371 which makes the retrieval and validation of QuickBooks license data harder.
QuickBooks error 3371 support –
After confirming that you are facing QuickBooks error 3371 status code 11118 or QuickBooks error 3371 statuscode 1 during the desktop installation of QuickBooks, you can try to fix them by contacting QuickBooks error 3371 support. There are a couple of ways in which you can resolve the QuickBooks 3371 status code 11118 without wasting much time.
Some of the troubleshooting tips to get rid of QuickBooks 3371 status code 11118 are as follows –
Delete and re-install the ECML file –
One of the most promising solutions to resolve error 3371 status code 11118 QuickBooks 2019 is to delete the ECML file as follows –
- From your keyboard, press the Windows and ‘R’ buttons together to open the Run window.
- In the Run window that appears next, past the following path carefully – C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8. This is the general path where the entitled information is usually stored for QuickBooks. In case your PC has a different path, paste that in the run window.
- After entering the correct path for entitled information, press the Ok button.
- Now, the internet explorer will open at the mentioned location.
- Here, the user shall locate the QuickBooks ECML file and right-click on it.
- Select the ‘Delete’ option after right-clicking on the ECML file.
- Close the window and try to run the QuickBooks software once again.
- If you had failed to register the product earlier, you will be asked to do that now.
- This is how you fix the error 3371 status code 11118 QuickBooks 2019 by deleting the ECML file.
Rename the Entitlement file –
You can also try renaming the entitlement file which would also be suggested to you by the experts at QuickBooks error 3371 support. To do so, follow the given steps carefully –
- For all the Windows 7 users, go to the C drive and open the program data entitlement file.
- Here, you will rename the file.
- Now when you will start QuickBooks it will create a new file for your system.
- In case you are unable to locate the program data file, follow the path from ‘My Computer’ to ‘select organize’ followed by ‘choose folder’ and ‘search options’.
- Click on the hidden files and folders option and open QuickBooks again to check if the error has been resolved.
For Windows XP users –
- Click on the Start button and click on the Run command.
- Enter the ‘C: Documents and settings AllusersApplication DataIntuitEntitlement Clientv2’ path in the Run window.
- Tap on the ‘Ok’ button.
- Now rename the entitlement file and re-launch the QuickBooks software.
Fix the QuickBooks 3371 status code 11118 using the QuickBooks tool hub –
You can install the QuickBooks tool hub to resolve the error 3371 status code 11118 QuickBooks 2015 by following the given set of instructions carefully –
- Close the QuickBooks program.
- Install the latest version of the QuickBooks tool hub and save the file in a known location of your computer which you will remember easily.
- Once installed and downloaded successfully, open the QuickBooks tool hub file.
- You will face a couple of on-screen instructions for the installation of the tool hub. Follow them carefully, read and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Once the install finishes, open the installed tool hub from your desktop.
- When you open the tool hub application, move to the Installation Issues section.
- Tap on the ‘Quick fix my issue’ option.
- Select the ‘3371 error fix’ option from this section.
- Tap on the Ok button and start the QuickBooks program.
- Open the data file and your error 3371 status code 11118 QuickBooks 2015 has been fixed successfully.
Update the Windows operating system of your PC –
This option is helpful in case your QuickBooks software was working fine earlier but has suddenly stopped working and is reflecting the QuickBooks 3371 status code 11118 messages. This happens because your system has not been updated which is causing this QuickBooks 3371 status code 11118 error to occur out of nowhere. Follow these steps to update your system –
- Open the Start menu.
- Go to All Programs and tap on the ‘Windows Update’ option.
- Here, click on the Check for Updates option.
- Install any pending updates and install the QuickBooks program again.
Resolve the error manually –
You can also fix the QuickBooks error 3371 manually as follows –
- Start by recreating the corrupted program file for QuickBooks.
- This will help resolve the licensing issues and also fix the technical registration glitches associated with it.
- Now you will have to fix the Microsoft.net framework, C++, and MSXML pitfalls manually which you can do with the help of the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool.
- Once you have fixed these issues on the ground level, try re-installing the QuickBooks software.
- Run the reboot file.
- Update the software to its latest version and ensure your system is upgraded to the latest version as well.