It is the infamous Kernel Data Inpage Error that you are facing. It is a windows 10 error that generally appears on the Blue Screen of Death. If it has just appeared one time, you can try for a simple boot but if it’s popping up on an intermittent or regular basis, then that indicates some serious issue or bug. And many times that bug is none other than the Kernel Data Inpage Error. This is how the error is shown on the screen:
“Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We’re just collecting some error info, and we’ll restart for you.”
Explanations behind Stop Code Kernel Data Inpage Error
Kernel Data Inpage Error have a couple of codes as shown here and one-liner reason are also stated:
- 0xC000009C/0xC000016A: Both these error codes arises due to corrupted hard drive sectors
- 0xC000009D: This kind of error pops up due to a loose physical cable connection or hard disk failure
- 0xC0000185: This error code happens because of damaged or unseated cables.
- 0x0000007A: This error code File access issues.
Tips For rectifying Stop Code Kernel Data Inpage Error
Here are some tips that you can follow while trying out all the below-listed techniques:
- The systems that acquire the Kernel Data Inpage Error problem generally rebegins after the crash.
- Take all the necessary caution while you are opening the internal area of your system and attempting to modify the components. Sometimes static power electricity can cause severe damage to RAM.
- While your hard drive is operating, precariously listen to all the noisy clicking noises. If you listen to any sound, it’s quite possible that the hard drive might be about to fail. So carefully do the process of changing the hardware.
- Make sure that you backup all your imperative data. Because once you reset your system/reboot it or face any hard drive issue, it can result in loss of important data. If you have anything stored you don’t want to lose, you should perform a backup before starting the diagnostic process. Ensure copies of all the files and get it stored on a cloud storage service, USB flash drive, or SD Card.
- Don’t replace the RAM without running a memory diagnostic tool. And after the tool diagnoses a memory problem, only then go for swapping your RAM.
Solutions for Kernel Data Inpage Error Windows 10
Here go the top 10 fixes for Kernel Data Inpage Error Windows 10:
1. Examine the Hardware Wiring
Examine the system’s equipment wirings and inspect if there is any loose connections. For this, you have to check the power source cable and drive SATA cable. you can go for dissociation and reassociation of the cable wires to be on the safer side. Next, you should even take a look at the RAM by removing it from the designated slot and then reposition it back. Once you are done with the process, reboot your device by following the below-given points:
- Switch off the device.
- Switch on your gadget now and hold the F8 key till the time you view ‘Advanced Boot Options’ on the display screen.
- Hover the pointer to ‘Safe Mode with Networking’ option via the arrows. Now hit Enter.
- Next, log in to your gadget and hold both the hotkeys Windows + R simultaneously.
- Now, type msconfig and snap OK.
- Locate the ‘General’ tab and go over the Selective Startup radio button.
- After this, you have to untick the ‘Load Startup Items’ here.
- Now, go to the ‘Services’ tab and click the ‘Hide all Microsoft Services’ checkbox.
- Before you reinitiate your device, just tap the ‘Disable’ choice.
2. Regain BIOS original Settings
Invalid settings in BIOS can be one of the prominent issues behind Kernel Data Inpage Error Windows 10. So, let’s begin by first confirming if the BIOS settings are bothering you, For that follow the stepwise tutorial and readjust the BIOS settings to their mandatory values.
- Turn off the laptop/computer and switch it ON after a while by taping the BIOS key. Press the F2 key vigorously till the system starts to boot.
- Next, fill in the BIOS settings.
- Pick ‘Setup Defaults’ or ‘Reset to Default’(if you view any other resembling choice on the display) in the BIOS Settings section to regain the BIOS configuration.
Now, rebegin the system and verify if the Stop Code Kernel Data Inpage Error is solved or not.
Other Windows 10 Issue: Fix windows 10 version 1903 error 0xc1900223
3. Upgrade the Drivers of hardware.
Expired or faulty drivers can just cause too many bugs, and that includes BSOD crashes as well. So you gotta update your hard drive to rectify the Stop code kernel data inpage error.
- Begin the Control panel. Hover your mouse to the Device Manager.
- Start the tool and navigate to the Disk drives section. Look for your hard drives. Select each drive, right-click on it, and choose Update driver from the menu.
4. Inspect RAM
Glitches in RAM can cause a severe error and one of those errors is the Stop code kernel data inpage error.
a) Run a Memory Diagnostic
The RAM could be one potent reason behind the BSOD, you should definitely go for a diagnostic tool. Initiate the Windows Memory Diagnostic tool of Windows 10.
- Insert the “Windows Memory Diagnostic” in the search box of Windows.
- You will view this option in the first spot only. Hit the option to initiate the tool.
- Go over the “Restart now” and look for problems choice.
As soon as your PC rebegins, you will view the memory test operating. In the lower section of the screen, a Status bar will be there that guides you if the RAM test diagnosed any memory problems.
One of the insanely famous tools for testing RAM is MemTest86. This tech tool employs 13 unique testing algorithms so as to run the test RAM. This tool is very efficient when it comes to diagnosing the DDR4 & DDR3 memory available on your PC or laptop. Hope you find a solution to fix all the RAM-related issues.
5. Examine the Hard Drive
The three best techniques to examine the hard drive goes as follows:
a) Examine SMART Disk details
You can Examine SMART Disk details by tools, like CrystalDiskInfo. If the results show that the drive is unhealthy with impending failure, we suggest you take instant backup or clone your drive on a new SSD or hard disk drive.
b) Run CHKDSK
CHKDSK utility does all the fixing work related to minor file system errors, hard drives, redistributing bad sectors, and corruption in the system files. Now, let’s dig into the process of running CHKDSK scan,
- Now launch the command prompt window and fill in the command as stated below:
- The command is “Chkdsk/r/f X:” and hit ‘Enter.’
- Replace the letter ‘X’ with your partition letter /drive volume. One good point is that even if your partition is suffering from corruption or is inaccessible, you will be able to run this test without any hassle.
- If you can’t view the partition, then you’ll have to launch the Disk Management tool. And remember before going for the chkdsk scan, make sure that you allot a drive letter to the RAW partition.
Other Windows 10 Issue : Fix windows 10 update error 0x80070002
c) Try via Steller’s SMART Drive Monitor Utility
Stellar Data Recovery Professional is a software tool that comes in the SMART Drive Monitor utility package. Download the Stellar Data Recovery Professional software to check the disk’s health quotient. If you encounter any serious threats in the disk checkup, clone it immediately by going over the Clone Disk Option and get your data recovered fully. You can possibly reacquire almost any file type with this software.
6. Deinstall Third-Party unfit firmware
Are you sure that the software you are employing belongs to a trusted source? Often the non-trusted software has some sort of compatibility issues, giving birth to BSOD errors. And the catch for this is to eliminate the software itself.
- You can uninstall the software by the following method:
- Open the Control Panel and hover the mouse pointer to Programs and go for Program and Features.
- Next, monitor the ‘Installed On’ date and continue with uninstalling the software.
7. Reinstate Windows OS
If no tech method is working in your favor, then go for reinstating Windows. Kernel Data Inpage Errors generally arise because of some kind of software issue, which are too hard to diagnose. A factory reset can be a probable fix for this.
Disclaimer: Keep your data backed up coz this method is gonna swipe off your important info in a matter of a few moments, so don’t regret it later.
The most authentic way to install Windows again, is given below:
- First, Right-tap on the Start menu and then pick Settings.
- Hover the mouse pointer on Update & Security and tap Recovery.
- Hit the “Get Started” button.
- The best way is to go for a complete reset by wiping off the data. Pick the “Remove everything” choice, and Windows then returns to a new blank state to ensure that the possible software bug solves.
8. Launch the Antivirus Scan
If you are a Windows user, then go for ‘Windows Defender Tool’ to get a thorough check-up of your device system for finding out all the malicious malware threats. But if you got yourself some other active subscription of the antivirus scanning app, then you may proceed for a full device scan to detect all the malicious virus activities. If the virus spread is under control, your Antivirus app might come up with a fix.
9. Remove the Hardware
Are you experiencing Kernel Data Inpage Error Windows 10 after you have updated a hardware element or installed a new one in your system? If the answer is yes, you gotta take out that component or scan the hardware drivers that you have installed for the hardware component recently, find the problem within the driver, then deinstall that faulty update and re-install the compatible version.
Reinstalling method also doesn’t work in your favor, you then have to swap your hardware. Bring alternate RAM modules and a hard drive. If you don’t want to go for a new one, you may check it with any of your past hard drives. Follow the same process with the RAM. And the stop code kernel data inpage error will simply disappear.
10. Manage Paging File Size automatically
For managing Paging File Size automatically, follow these steps:
- Initiate by moving to the ‘Control Panel’ window and locate the ‘System and Security’ choice. Tap on ‘System’ and snap on ‘Advanced System Settings’ choice.
- Next, under the ‘Performance’ tab, navigate to the ‘Settings’ button.
- Hit the ‘Advanced’ tab and then head on to the ‘Change’ button in the Virtual Memory section.
- Snap the ‘Automatically manage paging file size for all drives’ radiobox and tap the OK box to save the changed settings
- Now, finally, Rebegin your PC.
Conclusion And we have reached the conclusion part. These top 10 solutions for Kernel Data Inpage Error are the best we have found out for you. Surely one of the top fixes will be the catch for you.