Epson brand is one of the mammoth companies in the arena of printers. It offers astonishing printing services in accordance with the latest trend. But sometimes you can encounter this particular error notification – Epson error code 0x97 due to multiple reasons. This piece of writing will very comprehensively cover all the issues that you are discovering within your printer and will come up with the best possible reason.
List of issues behind Epson error code 0x97
The top reasons behind the non-functioning of your Epson Printer. Let’s take a quick glance at following
Uncleaned printer parts
Weak USB Cable connection
Non upgraded printer driver
Improper orientation of ink cartridge
Internal hardware damagedCauses Of Epson error code 0x97
Effective hacks for fixing the Epson error code 0x97
Below given is a series of all the best possible solutions for your Epson printer error code 0x97, so just get started.
Cleaning the Printer
Cleaning your printer from outside and more importantly from inside is a must. There can be any issue that might be troubling your printer like bits of paper jammed inside the machinery items(roller), clogged dried ink on nozzles and head sprayer, dust deposited on the parts. You can resolve only by cleansing your printer
Clean internal printer parts
It may sound weird but you can clean your printer internally with water and a piece of cloth. All you need to do is get some lukewarm water and tissue paper/lint free cloth. Follow all these steps to clean your printer in a hassle-free manner:
- Switch off your Epson printer.
- Open the printer box and mildly spray warm water very gently and clean it with cloth or tissue paper.
- Or you can also take a clean tissue soaked in lukewarm water.
- Clean all the inside parts of your Epson printer.
- Remember that you give enough time to your printer to dry up.
- If you feel there is any internal element which needs to be restored during the rinsing process, you can do it.
- Switch on your Epson printer.
- Rinsing the nozzles
Uncleaned nozzles on the printhead can be one of the prominent reasons behind this epson printer error code 0x97. once the nozzles get thoroughly cleaned your Epson printer will again start printing at its best. Follow this simple procedure to get started:
- Pull the ink cartridge units from the Ink Cartridge holder.
- Very precariously, move the printhead from the cartridge space.
- Using a fresh, lint free cloth soaked in lukewarm water and then squeezed, clean the cluttered waste ink on the head sprayer.
- Dip the printhead in lukewarm water for about 10 minutes. Wipe off the extra water using dry cloth which is lint free
- The printhead should be air dried by putting a tissue paper beneath the printhead for approximately 15minutes.
- Insert the printhead back to the Ink Cartridge holder, after ensuring that it is fully dry.
- Also ensure that you clean the printer from inside as well to make sure that any unwanted dust, dried ink or jammed paper bits are cleaned and removed so that the working of the device is smooth.
Fix physical connections
This is probably the most effortless troubleshooting method to fix epson printer error 0x97. Quickly go through this step-by-step tutorial method to do this process:
- Switch off the Epson printer.
- Remove the cable from the power source or socket.
- Detach all the USB cables which are attached to your printer device.
- Allow your Epson printer undisturbed for at least 5 minutes.
- Now, you have to hold the power button of your Epson printer for 60 seconds minimum.
- Again, reconnect all your USB cable wires back to your device while pressing that power button.
- Simply, for another one minute, keep holding that power button key.
- Release the power key. Upon successful reboot, you will see the Epson WF 3640 error code 0x97 will be long gone.
Update Epson Printer Driver
You might think upgrading your Epson printer driver can be a task that could take hours. No, it’s not the case. We have come up with three quick fixes for this epson error 0x97, you can follow any one according to your convenience
Update Epson Printer Driver on Windows
In the field of electronic gadgets, every element installed in your device demands update with time, same goes with the printer software as well. The printer software needs to be updated from time to time in order for it to function properly.
- Launch the “Windows Desktop” to begin the process.
- In your desktop taskbar, locate the printer icon and right click on it.
- After this, hit on “Software update”.
- Hit the “Utility” tab available on the screen of printer settings.
- Thereafter, pick the “Driver update” option.
- Another way is you can move the cursor to “Start”> “Epson”/“Epson Software”, and then hit “Epson software updater”.
- Open the ‘All Programs’ on your operating system.
- Tap the ‘Programs’ and locate the ‘Epson Software’ option.
- Right-click on this option, a drop-down menu will pop up, and pick up the ‘Epson Software Updater’ option.
- But it’s also possible that you don’t find this option, so you have now go to the official site of Epson printers
- You have to pick the Epson printer model from the list.
- Now, install and start downloading the program.
- Click the yes option if any dialogue box prompts on the screen regarding making changes to the device.
- Finally hit the Agree button>OK button.
- Once the installation process of ‘Epson Software Updater Utility’ is completed on your system, just tap the ‘Start’ option on its program.
- Locate the ‘Update’ option and hit it to upgrade your Epson printer driver according to the latest version.
Congratulations, now your Epson printer driver will download or get upgraded according to the latest features.
Update Epson Printer Driver via Microsoft’s troubleshooting tool
There is a troubleshooting tool offered by Microsoft and you can easily get access to it to troubleshoot your Epson printer epson error code 0x97. Start now by going through these simple steps:
- Open your favourite web browser on the computer system.
- Launch the Microsoft’s official support page and hit on ‘Run Troubleshooter’ after scrolling down
- Now, the downloading of Microsoft’s printer troubleshooting tool will begin.
- Upon downloading, you then have to open the downloads folder.
- By double clicking on the ‘printer diagnostic’ option, open it
- Select the ‘Publisher’ and the ‘Name’ correctly and tap on the ‘Next’ tab.
- This software will now run and start searching for the issues and accordingly it will recommend if your printer needs ant troubleshoot or not
- Snap the ‘Troubleshooting the problem detects in your printer’ option
And finally, your Epson printer will be relieved of Epson WF 3640 error code 0x97. You can even try testing the print quality by giving the print command to any of your documents and check for yourself if the issue has been rectified or not.
We have come up with the best possible troubleshooting solution for these versions of Windows operating system – Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or Windows X. There can be any reason behind the dysfunction of your printer, so a troubleshooting method finds the epson error 0x97 and fixes it as well.
Trouble-shooter on Windows 7/Windows 8
- Press the “windows” logo key on your System’s keypad.
- Write “Troubleshooting” in the given space.
- Now pick “Troubleshooting” from the displayed results.
- Tap on the “Use a printer” option and snap next.
- Windows 7 will now start detecting the printing related errors
- Lastly, just keep following the on-screen instructions to fix up the issue.
Trouble-shooter on Windows 10
- Hit windows key on your system’s keyboard,
- Write “Troubleshooting” in the given space.
- Now pick “Troubleshooting settings” from the displayed results.
- Tap on “printer” option and snap on “Run the troubleshooter” option.
- Windows 7 will now start detecting the printing related errors and troubleshooting procedures will initiate.
Trouble-shooter on Windows X
- Open the “Applications” page.
- Locate the “Epson software” folder.
- Tap on “Epson software updater”.
Just make sure if the Epson WF 3640 error code 0x97 has been corrected or not by opening your Epson printer.
Reinstall Ink Cartridges
Reinstall ink cartridges in the cartridge carriage if it is not installed in the correct manner or the ink level is insufficiently low. Start following these steps to begin:
- Firstly, turn on your Epson printer.
- Open the printer scanner and push the “Stop” button or key.
- If the ink level in the tank is extremely low, then it will automatically move to the indicator area and you can replace it.
- Or if it is not correctly placed, then replace it by pushing the “Stop” button for almost 6 seconds.
- You will be able to see a tab on the cartridge. Snap the tab to move the cartridge and remove it.
- Put back the cartridge back into the holder space. Push it down until you hear a nice click sound (which means it is fitted accurately).
- Close the printer scanner.
- Again, click on the “Stop” button.
- Leave the printer undisturbed as it moves the printhead back to the original position.
Now, finally you will see Epson WF 3640 error code 0x97 vanished from your system
Replace Internal hardware
Yes, without good functioning hardware you can’t expect the printer to give you good quality prints. There are many hardware components that come in built like motherboard, roller, cartridge and other elements as well. If you find any of the pieces damaged, then there is no other alternative except to replace it. Also you try to get back your hardware component in working condition by taking it to the nearby Epson store. Once you replace it and install back the hardware you will find the Epson error code 0x97 gone
Epson printer Patch
Now you can fix your printer and get rid of the Epson WF 3640 error code 0x97 in a matter of a few minutes. you can download this patch by exploring the official site of Epson. This 0 97 Fix Patch scans your Epson printer thoroughly. Once the scanning is complete, you have to snap the Repair option to proceed.
- Launch your favourite updated web browser
- Move to the Epson’s official site and download “0x97 Fix Patch”.
- Hit the “Scan” button.
- You have arrived at the last step where you need to click on the “Repair” button which will begin the process of fixing your printer.
- Reboot your computer like you do normally.
- Using the administrator’s login access details, you have to login.
- Hit the “Start” button
- Select “All Programs” and then “Accessories”.
- Navigate the cursor to System tools option, a sub menu will appear.
- Pick “System restore” option
- Once you tap on “Restore my machine to an earlier date”, snap “Next”.
- Now choose the “click a restoration date” option to restore the date and press “Next”.
- Thereafter move to the authentication window and the “Next” button.
- After you get completed with your restoration process, just reboot your PC system.
This write up is purely written with the purpose of solving your printer related issues. So just take a quick glance over all these solutions and you will definitely find one matching your needs.