Updates are always done for the upgradation of the features to the next level but sometimes it gives birth to non-software and software glitches also. Coming to ps4 error su-42118-6, it can occur due to any below listed reasons.
- PS4 hardware is suffering from serious malware.
- Because of bad BD-ROM ribbon connection, console is not finding the Blu-ray drive
- A random software glitch
PlayStation 4 error code su-42118 6 how to fix
Wondering about the PlayStation 4 error code su-42118-6 how to fix it? Don’t worry, this troubleshooting article will be no less than a technical assistant to you. Every fix is elaborated in a super-duper simple language. So, here begins your troubleshooting PlayStation 4 error code su-42118-6 journey:
Method 1: Rebegin PS4 through Safe Mode
Just follow the steps to unlock the solution for ps4 error su-42118-6:
- Switch off your PS4 console by holding the power push button till you hear the sound of beep.
- Now it will start boot in Safe way.
- Next, associate DUALSHOCK 4(DS4) with the USB cable and pair it by clicking the PS key available on the controller.
- Hit Restart PS4 and click X key to initiate the reboot of your PS4 system in Safe Mode.
Related: Roku TV Box Error Code 009
Method 2: Power Cycle your PS4
Shutting down your PS4 can be an easy solution for you, making sure all the power is drained. Now this process will give a reset to the configurations saved currently.
- Hold the power button on your PS4 system for minimum 10 seconds until it turns off completely.
- Dissociate the power cable from the console and socket.
- Now again click and hold the power button few times till all the power flushes out. This will clear off the cache data.
- Thereafter, hold on for 4-5 minutes and attach everything to their respective position and then run PS4
Check if ps4 error su-42118-6 is solved.
Related: Fix Hulu Error Code 95
Method 3: Verify Your HDMI Cables
Just quickly take a look at your HDMI cables and do the following:
- Dissociate the HDMI cables from both the devices – TV and PS4.
- Now after waiting for a few minutes (4-5 minutes), reconnect the HDMI cable to TV and PS4.
- If this strategy solved your issue, then boot the gaming console in regular way by tapping the Restart PS4 option.
Method 4: Upgrade PS4 Manually
You can try out this method to fix ps4 error su-42118-6. This is the checklist that you have to have if you want to perform this method
- A working PC
- Non fluctuating and good speed internet connectivity.
- USB cable and USB drive with at least 460 MB space that too loaded with the FAT32 file system
- PS4 controller
Now follow all the steps as mentioned below:
- Insert the USB drive in your computer system and then build a PS4 folder on the USB root path.
- Now, inside that PS4 folder make an Update folder.
- You need to download the System Update file and then save it with this filename PS4UPDATE.PUP
- Keep it safely in the Update folder.
- Enable Safe Mode by switching off your PS4 console by holding the power push button till you hear the sound of beep.
- Pick Update System Software.
- Choose update from the USB Storage Device and hit OK.
Note: Ensure that stored updated file name and created folder name should be 100% accurate.
Similar Poost:- Fix Netflix Error Code M7121-1331
Method 5: Initialize PS4 system in Safe Mode
- Attach the USB drive to your gaming console.
- Move to PS4 Settings and choose System.
- Pick Back Up and Restore and then Back Up PS4 option.
- Now select the data you want to backup and select Next
- Assign a name to your backup and choose Back Up
- On your controller, hit the X button and backing up of data will start.
- Once your data backup is complete, dissociate the USB drive from the PS4 system
- Next navigate to PS4 settings and pick Initialization.
- Click Initialize PS4 and under this tab, hit Full initialization
- Follow all the on-screen instructions to finish the method.
Note: During initialization, don’t switch off your gaming console because this can cause some serious damage to your PS4.
According to the users, it is suggested that using Safe Mode during the initialization process has proven to be very effective.
Method 6: Restore the PS4 default settings
You can restore back the PS4 original set settings through safe mode by following these
- Switch off your PS4 console completely.
- Then, push and hold the Power button and wait till the gaming console beeps 2 times.
- Associate your PS4 controller with the USB cable via safe mode.
- Push the PlayStation button to pair it with the console.
- Pick the Restore Default Settings option by scrolling down.
- Now, lastly snap on Yes with the X button simultaneously, and your console’s default settings will be restored back.
Method 7: Seek professional assistance
If none of the above methods work for you, then now only technical help can save you from this bug ps4 error su-42118-6. Contact this page – https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/support/ to get the professional assistance.
Frequently asked questions About ps4 error su-42118-6
For a number of gaming console players disk drive replacement has been a worthwhile way to rectify the SU-42118-6 error on the PS4 slim.
Basically, initialization on the PS4 system clears off all the saved memory in terms of data and then returns the device to its default settings.
Hope this article will serve you with all the troubleshooting knowledge that you are craving for to get back your hands on your favourite gaming console. Happy Gaming!
Similar post: Update on Sony Playstation PS5 Console Restock.
Leave a Reply